Direct Hire Opportunities available - working for a Event Management Group located in Lower Westchester County, specializing in Non-Profit event planning and production (events held in NYC). Our client currently have two positions available - an a Events/Project Associate (1-2 years of experience), and an Events/Project Manager (3-5 years of experience) .
Events/Project Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting Project Associates and Managers in planning and execution o f high-level fund raising events
- Creating invitation mailings and RSVP's
- Drafting core project specific materials
- follow-up fundraising calls and entering detailed notes in MS Excel
- Handling donations and tracking gifts in reports
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Reliable vehicle strongly suggested
- Non-profit, fundraising or events experience a plus
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/computer skills
- Ability to work evenings, weekend and holidays as needed during event production times.
Events/Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
In coordination with the Project Management/Planning team, responsible for the supervision and execution of the overall strategic plan, the fundraising campaign and the event management and program production plans on all assigned projects.
- Creation and maintenance of the project timeline, budget and revenues in Excel. Additionally, there are year to year and project to project comparisons that need to be created and analyzed in Excel
- All day to day communication with clients including leading meetings and preparing agendas and recap notes as well as communication with vendors, venue, donors, etc.
- Manage all mail campaigns: Save the Date, early reservation letters, invitations, personal notes campaigns.
- Prepare all mail merges and executing all details while overseeing staff to support the actual mailings
- Oversee/conduct research for additional fundraising prospects related to the specific participants in the project to expand revenues and donor base as well as future leadership and sponsors.
- Follow-up call campaigns and overseeing staff with call notes in excel as well as overseeing follow-up materials and next steps.
- Liaise with all key fundraising and event leadership (Honorees, Board, Co-Chairs, Committees, Sponsors, etc.)
- Draft outreach letters and supporting materials for the fundraising campaign.
- Venue booking and negotiations as well as all related decisions and logistics.
- Write and manage the RFP process for all vendors –catering, decor, a/v, design, printers, etc.
- Liaise with designer for all printed materials -Save the Date, invitation, printed program, etc.
- Take a leadership role in the creation and development of the Evening Program and its content, strategy and participants.
- Working with audio visual and production teams on event program needs.
- Manage the guest list and seating for all attendees up to and through the event for 300-1,000+ guests using specific seating software.
- Primary onsite contact for all elements on the day and night of the event.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience in the fundraising and event management industry is highly recommended for this position
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities, meet tight deadlines, work under pressure in fast-paced environment, and interact with wide range of people
- Good management, supervisory and client service skills; Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills; Proficient in all Microsoft Office and social media applications
- Able to work evenings and weekends/holidays as project requires during peak event times. All staff are required to work all events plus up to several nights before. All staff are expected to make this job their priority and understand that during event season (September-November and February-June) requests for time off, vacation days etc., are granted only as project schedules can allow).
Vanguard is an industry leading, privately held staffing agency in business for over 40 years. We work to cultivate a unique professional relationship with every Client and Employee. Vanguard attains superior results by devoting all of our resources, creativity, and experience to each and every placement. We are committed to your success.