Legal Administrative Assistant
West Harrison, NY 10604
- Provide complete secretarial and administrative support including heavy phone and email contact, scheduling, expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, word processing, and mail processing and shipping for the purpose of supporting three attorneys.
- Draft, format, and edit legal correspondences, documents, and memoranda.
- Knowledge of legal processes, procedures, and terminology strongly preferred.
- Assist Records Manager with maintaining case files for the department, including litigation files, general files, and tracking and indexing waivers. In addition, provide back-up to Records Manager utilizing internal document management system.
- Administer and manage a system of tracking requests to provide Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintains and/or creates files or record keeping systems. Sorts, labels, files, and retrieves documents or other materials.
- Maintain, update, and troubleshoot calendaring schedules and appointments. Prepare and coordinate materials, in advance, related to all meetings and appointments.
- Provide support to the notice process for the nomination and election of new Board Members (The Company and Foundation), as well as new members of the Nominating Committee and the election of the Elite Athlete and Representative to the USOC AAC.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Minimum 7 years legal secretarial experience (some corporate and/or litigation experience preferred) supporting multiple attorneys. Prefer a minimum of 5 years in this role in a law firm.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to draft correspondence, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Notary Public a plus
Vanguard is an industry leading, privately held staffing agency in business for over 40 years. We work to cultivate a unique professional relationship with every Client and Employee. Vanguard attains superior results by devoting all of our resources, creativity, and experience to each and every placement. We are committed to your success.